Re: Beer in Dublin Ireland?

Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Oops I forgot about Galway Hooker. really nice pale ale.
McDougal

Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 pm

McDougal wrote:And if you have a rental car take the two hour drive to Galway for a night. The pubs in Galway are amazing. Full of trad music. Just ask were the craic is.

crack head?
bcmaui

Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 am

McDougal wrote:And if you have a rental car take the two hour drive to Galway for a night. The pubs in Galway are amazing. Full of trad music. Just ask were the craic is.

Any particular places in Galway? I will have a rental car and will be doing a large loop around Ireland will be in Galway a few days

Thanks for all the beer suggestions
Stinkfist

Sun May 05, 2013 6:17 pm

If you can track down the guys from BrewDog and give them a handie from BeaverBarber, he'll just have to owe you next time you're in Texas.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue May 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Shop Street is where all the pubs and restaurants are in Galway. Lots of good ones. My favorites would be Neachtain's (pronounced "knock-tins") and Tis Coili (pronounced Chi Cole-lay). At Neachtain's you can sit on the patio with a pint and watch the people walk up and down Shop St. or you can find a nice quite corner. Tis Coili has great traditional music and gets packed full of people. Lots of other old pubs. All the people playing music arent professionals, they just meet to have a good time and the pub keeps the pints coming. Awesome pub scene.
The Salt House is down the road from the Spanish Arch and is a newer bar that is focused on craft beer. Might be a little bit more of a 20s 30s crowd there. Good beer and newer hip folk music.

Hope that helps, enjoy.
McDougal

Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am

Sweet! Thanks I will def check those out!
Stinkfist

Previous

Return to Travel