Driving across Wa. State this weekend, Who's got a fav. spot

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am

Any of you Western Wa. folks have a favorite place that is a must stop for me and my wife as we drive across the state to Long Beach? I plan on hitting up Bevmo! in Tacoma since it is right off the freeway. Let me know by Friday morning.

:jnj - :asshat: Porky :asshat:
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Re: Driving across Wa. State this weekend, Who's got a fav.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:36 pm

If you are going to be in Seattle on Friday evening, Saturday morning or afternoon you should stop in and help judge the CBC/PSPAM competition. I'm going to drive out Saturday morning for it.

I'm usually in somewhat of a hurry when I'm in town so I usually just hit up a Whole foods for a meal and to grab some beers.
Bokonon

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Stop by the Snoqualmie Falls Brewpub for lunch. They have a great lineup of beers and they are just a few minutes drive off I90. Take Exit 25 off I90, turn right at the bottom of the ramp. Drive 5 mins north on Snoqualmie Falls Parkway until it comes to a T. Turn right at the T, then a few hundred yards there's a bowling alley on your left where you turn left.
1 more block and you are there. I live about 5 minutes from there but I'll be at work otherwise I'd meet you there.

The Oatmeal Stout is fantastic and only available in the brewpub.

Rogue's Issaquah Brewpub is close to I90 too. Take exit 17? (Sunset). The exit ramp is weird - it is a right exit but the ramp crosses over the freeway and ends up on the left side of the highway. Then turn left at end of the ramp at the stop light. Go straight past the fire station and then a few hundred yards ahead at the main intersection you'll have the library to your front right and Rogue to your front left. You can park in the parking garage behind the library.

Both are worth the stop.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Bokonon wrote:If you are going to be in Seattle on Friday evening, Saturday morning or afternoon you should stop in and help judge the CBC/PSPAM competition. I'm going to drive out Saturday morning for it.
I'm usually in somewhat of a hurry when I'm in town so I usually just hit up a Whole foods for a meal and to grab some beers.

haha, I laugh at the idea of some poor bastard having me judge his beer. I'd love to get into it eventually, but my palate would need alot of training.
BDawg wrote:Stop by the Snoqualmie Falls Brewpub for lunch.

I'll def try and make that stop, I have had a few of their bottled stuff that has found its way over to this side of the state. Depending on when we leave Moses Hole we will make a stop friday or maybe save it for dinner on Monday night on the way home.

:aaron
Lagering:
PorkSlapper

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Going to stop at snoqualmie falls on the way home tomorrow. We stopped at fish tails in Olympia on the way out here. Food was great beer was good. There is a new brewing co. down here in Long Beach called Lost Roo brewing. Really good Scottish 80 and an ipa.

:jnj -porky
Lagering:
PorkSlapper

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 pm

PorkSlapper wrote:Going to stop at snoqualmie falls on the way home tomorrow. We stopped at fish tails in Olympia on the way out here. Food was great beer was good. There is a new brewing co. down here in Long Beach called Lost Roo brewing. Really good Scottish 80 and an ipa.

:jnj -porky

BDawg and I went to Snoqualmie Falls last night. Had to grab a bite to eat and a couple of beers before I headed back. Try the Nitro oatmeal stout, very nice.
Bokonon

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Doing that now! :aaron
Lagering:
PorkSlapper

Return to Travel