ft myers

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 pm

[url][/url]I have a good friend, my bartender, that is heading to ft myers tomorrow, for a week. He manages a place with 50 taps of crafts, and he is looking to drink some good local beers. Bn
snowcapt

Re: ft myers

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Ft Myers is an hour to an hour and a half drive to Tampa. Cigar City is worth it. He's either driving through Tampa or will fly into Tampa to get there anyway.

Also that's where Justin is going to 'pro golf school'
theobrew

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 am

theobrew wrote:Ft Myers is an hour to an hour and a half drive to Tampa. Cigar City is worth it. He's either driving through Tampa or will fly into Tampa to get there anyway.

I wouldn't be sure about that...RSW is a pretty decent airport. But you are probably right about the need to drive to Tampa. I've never had any luck down there finding craft beer. But then I haven't been in a few years.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 am

Cigar City really is the only good craft beer you can get in Florida that you cant get anywhere else.

Well Cigar City beers and some specialty beers that sell out other places. I was surprised to find some Stone 14, 15, and 16 anniversary beers in a store down here. Up in Atlanta the 16 sold out in a couple weeks. This is one advantage to living in a place where there are fewer craft beer drinkers because when the store does get the rare beers I can find it easily.

And your right he may be able to fly into Ft. Myers directly but you have to find the perfect combination of airline and time/date for it to be cheaper than flying into Tampa. Still Its worth the drive up here, the tap room always has 3-5 one off barrel aged something or other that you can't find in bottles.
theobrew

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

There is a new micro called Naples Beach Brewery.
http://www.naplesbeachbrewery.com/ also http://wobusa.com/Locations/FortMyers.aspx
I haven't been to either one but its a start.
ABC liquors has the best selection and though pricey. Check the dates on the beers as they aren't always fresh.
The area is kind of a beer wasteland so good luck. :jnj
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 am

Also saint somewhere has been doing some really good Belgian styles in pinellas. But that's near Tampa so a but of a drive.
theobrew

Return to Travel