Wyeast - Greenbelt yeast from Austin Homebrew

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 am

Has anyone had any first hand experience with this yeast before? it's made specifically for Austin HB. if you have used it what did you like or did not like about it? would you use it again? do any of you guys know what strain it is derived or what strain you would compare it to? any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks

this is the description from the website:

Wyeast Labs has partnered with Austin Homebrew Supply to release a previously unavailable yeast strain called Greenbelt.

Greenbelt is an American ale strain that complements hop-driven beers with fruity and floral aromas. Good attenuation and high flocculation characteristics make Greenbelt clean and versatile.

The name Greenbelt was chosen in honor of the Barton Creek Greenbelt, a popular stretch of public land in Austin, TX consisting of numerous hiking trails and natural swimming holes.

Attenuation: 74-78%
Flocculation: High
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 65-72 F (18-22 C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 10% ABV
Beer is Food
Ralph Icebag

Re: Wyeast - Greenbelt yeast from Austin Homebrew

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I haven't used this strain from Wyeast, but I have used the yeast that they exclusively make/made for Northern Brewer. The Neobrittania strain and have made alot of descent English style beers with it. Sorry if this isn't helpful, but if you wondering if the quality of the product was on par for these exclusive yeast strain, just stopped by to say I've never had a problem with NB's strain.

:jnj -Sak
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Return to Fermentation