Re: Tasty's Janet's Brown

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 am

Er, tasted.
yep, yup, yep,yep
snowcapt

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:30 am

The morebeer.com pdf version of this recipe is a tad different FYI. Just to clarify: dry hops are added to primary fermentation?
In primary: Coconut porter
In secondary: Hefe, Citra Pale

As the man in the stall said to the man waiting...give it time
samsonave

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:08 pm

TastyMcD wrote:
Bprind01 wrote:......Also, I'm wondering if Tasty does water adjustments for this recipe? .....

He does: Ca-110ppm, Mg-18ppm, Na-17ppm, SO4-350ppm, Cl-50ppm

Tasty

Is this to say that there is no carbonates via CaCO3 or NaHCO3 added to the RO water? What are the salt additions to get these contents?

Also, should this be equating to a negative RA? Seems like the dark malts would drive the mash to the acidic range, but I'm nowhere near an expert on brewing water.

I'm still learning, so go easy on me. I'm halfway through Hour 3 of the Brew Strong Water-ganza.

Thanks for the help in advance.
JoeBeer100

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:54 pm

JoeBeer100 wrote:
TastyMcD wrote:
Bprind01 wrote:......Also, I'm wondering if Tasty does water adjustments for this recipe? .....

He does: Ca-110ppm, Mg-18ppm, Na-17ppm, SO4-350ppm, Cl-50ppm

Tasty

Is this to say that there is no carbonates via CaCO3 or NaHCO3 added to the RO water? What are the salt additions to get these contents?

Also, should this be equating to a negative RA? Seems like the dark malts would drive the mash to the acidic range, but I'm nowhere near an expert on brewing water.

I'm still learning, so go easy on me. I'm halfway through Hour 3 of the Brew Strong Water-ganza.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I add CaSO4, MgSO4, NaCl, and CaCl2. The mash Ph was always normal when I used to check it. The beer tastes good enough so I've never listened to the water shows. Tasty
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:35 am

TastyMcD wrote:I add CaSO4, MgSO4, NaCl, and CaCl2. The mash Ph was always normal when I used to check it. The beer tastes good enough so I've never listened to the water shows. Tasty

Thank you for the help, Tasty!
JoeBeer100

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles