Re: Forumneeds a Travel section!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Trip last year was cancelled, but heading to Sacramento for the same meeting this December. Rubicon still the best recommendation? I would like to find a great beer bar with great selection, so that I can reserve a hotel within walking distance ...
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 am

Rubicon isnt that far from downtown. Just a short walk.
There are a few other places at or by the K Street mall, too. Sac Brewing Co and a couple others.
If I remember correctly and if they are still around.
snowcapt

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 am

Lived in Sacramento for 6 years and moved back here to SLC 3 years ago...

Sacramento is a fun city...you will want to stay in the midtown neighborhood which is the east end of downtown...everything is walking distance or a very short cab ride...more bars and restaurants than you can shake a stick at...definitely check out Rubicon as they have good food and an ever changing line up of beers and hot waitresses...also check out "The Shack" which has a great tap list...check out the Golden Bear for a good tap list...also check out the Bonn Lair which is a killer traditional english pub complete with pastys and great tap and bottle selection...I saw a lady try to order a Coors Light there once on St pattys day and the brit behind the bar told her "we don't serve that shit here" it was awesome...check out the Beach Hut deli for great sandwiches and a good beer line up (and ridiculously hot waitresses)...there is a strong yelp community there so check that out...Ive been away for a bit so there might be some new stuff too

Have fun! :bnarmy:
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

Pyramid is right downtown, too.
snowcapt

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 pm

More options for you...

Burgers & Brew: The name pretty much says it all - Good tap list and good burgers:
http://burgersbrew.com/

Firestone Public House: Never been here myself, but they seem to have good taps. They run a lot of deals, which could make the crowd a bit different than a normal beer bar:
http://www.firestonepublichouse.com/
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 pm

EagleDouche, this is a great idea.

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Judging from the threads, Eagle Dude, your body is telling you don't travel!!!! :mrgreen:
Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
Ambrose Bierce
Ironman

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks guys!!! Exactly the information that I was looking for. Much appreciated. el Tizzo Added thanks for the Hotel location info!

Ironman wrote:Judging from the threads, Eagle Dude, your body is telling you don't travel!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the concern Ironman, but all better now!!! Broke my post surgery recovery period (15 lb weight limit) by soing a single day, multi batch brewing of 50 gallons of a berlinerweisse ... probably not the best idea, but I don't think I did myself any damage in the process.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff