Re: Hops popping already!!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks El T....It is probably a good way to time your crop without some peaking a few weeks before the rest.
Eldorado/ Lemon Drop Summer IPA
German Bock
Boh Pils brewed on a 96 degree day.
gwk453

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:47 pm

gwk453 wrote:Thanks El T....It is probably a good way to time your crop without some peaking a few weeks before the rest.

Trimming back all but a handful also helps to focus the energies of the plant into fewer numbers of bines.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

all 3rd year... cascade has over 15 bines a few inches. santiam just broke ground, nugget and galena have bines nearly breaking out.....
mordantly

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 am

EL TIZZO wrote:i always clip the first round of bines...they seem to overgrow my space before harvest time if I let them go for too long

+1 I also do as Spidey says and just let a few of the 2nd commers stay as keepers, the rest get clipped off at the ground. All mine are comming up now and I'm still waiting for the new Rhizones I ordered from Rebel Brewer last month. :roll:
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:12 pm

RB just shipped mine today
Eldorado/ Lemon Drop Summer IPA
German Bock
Boh Pils brewed on a 96 degree day.
gwk453

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 am

Set my trellis back up yesterday! My cascade is jumping out of the ground. Chinook is taking it's sweet time. My centennial and willamette died last year in the stupid hot summer we had and I'm replacing those with columbus.
Padronis

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 am

Just got my new Willamette, Chinook and Columbus in the ground on Friday. Cascade is now springing up everywhere. I just hope it'c not 100 degrees or more every day here this summer. This is crazy!
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

scotchpine wrote:Just got my new Willamette, Chinook and Columbus in the ground on Friday. Cascade is now springing up everywhere. I just hope it'c not 100 degrees or more every day here this summer. This is crazy!

my cascade has been the most tolerant of my 105F+ summers due to planting on the east side of the house so by ~1400 the sun has tracked past the roof.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '12]

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, olny the frist and lsat ltteers need be at the rghit pclae. Tihs is becsuae the hamun mnid deos not raed evrey lteter by iteslf, but the wrod as a whloe.
mordantly

PreviousNext

Return to Homegrown