Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale 2011

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:44 pm

I just reviewed this. From start to finish, I loved this beer. The way the bitterness blended with the sweet caramel taste was amazing.

Video Review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ-WFyyKMtY
arsenal610

Re: Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale 2011

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:49 pm

I like it too, but it will be much better a year or two from now. I buy a couple sixers every year and put most of them in the basement to sample year to year to see how they mature. Most of them taste best after 2-4 years.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Do we really need more self-promoting "beer reviewers"?

I'm sorry but what makes you qualified to "review" beer? Taste is subjective. I'm sorry to be a dick about it, but you are posting into a forum where the vast majority of people have far more beer knowledge than you do. It strikes me as a little pretentious that you feel you have to promote your blog here.
MachineShopBrewing

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:10 am

says the guy with only 4 posts :P
my name is Richard Edward, just call me Dick Ed.
speed

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Do we really need more self-promoting "beer reviewers"?

I'm not promoting myself. My blog is just my youtube beer reviews. The blog/videos are more for my self-diary than anything else. Sure I would like for people to check it out if they like my reviews, but that's ultimately up to them. I'm not forcing anybody to left-click on my links.

I'm sorry but what makes you qualified to "review" beer?

Didn't realize you had to be qualified to review beers online. I have taste buds just like everybody else. Experience helps when reviewing beers, but I have to start somewhere. I've never claimed to be an expert in beers.

Taste is subjective. I'm sorry to be a dick about it, but you are posting into a forum where the vast majority of people have far more beer knowledge than you do.

Of course taste is subjective. I'm not denying that, but to a certain extent any type of product review is going to be subjective. I don't consider myself a beer connoisseur, but at the same time, I'm not some random person that woke up one day and decided to review beers. I enjoy trying different styles of beers and trying to learn as much as I can with each beer. If any other posters are offended with my posts, then I'll stop posting.

It strikes me as a little pretentious that you feel you have to promote your blog here.

That's your problem. Like I said before, I'm not promoting my blog. But even if I was, I don't think that is against the rules. I see a lot posters on here displaying their websites. You don't seem to have a problem with them.

I post on on other beer forums and people don't seem to mind my signatures. At the end of the day, I join these types of forums to read other reviews and more importantly read other peoples experiences when it comes to brewing.
arsenal610

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Bugeater wrote:I like it too, but it will be much better a year or two from now. I buy a couple sixers every year and put most of them in the basement to sample year to year to see how they mature. Most of them taste best after 2-4 years.

Wayne

Yeah, I've stored a few also. I'm doing the same thing with the Sierra Nevada 30th Ann. Ken and Jack's Barlewine.
arsenal610

Return to Beer Reviews