Re: Who is brewing, right now?

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm

TastyMcD wrote:
Evan Burck wrote:Brewing up a Dortmunder for a 4th of July brew. Thanks for the recipe Tasty!

I'm having a pint right now. Somehow it didn't get poured at the NHC. Damn it's tasty.

Tasty

:lol: :lol:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:25 pm

I am... I am a stupid motherfucker... It is hot as FUCK in the garage - even with the swamp cooler blowing on me. I just might loose two quarts of water during this brewsession. Oh, well, last brewing opportunity for a while. I'm seizing it.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Mylo wrote:I am... I am a stupid motherfucker... It is hot as FUCK in the garage - even with the swamp cooler blowing on me. I just might loose two quarts of water during this brewsession. Oh, well, last brewing opportunity for a while. I'm seizing it.

Mylo

Saison?

I brewed Saturday morning and sweat my ass off. I'm brewing this saturday morning too. MY Saison.
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:14 am

Mylo wrote:I am... I am a stupid motherfucker... It is hot as FUCK in the garage - even with the swamp cooler blowing on me. I just might loose two quarts of water during this brewsession. Oh, well, last brewing opportunity for a while. I'm seizing it.

Mylo

See why I didn't want to brew late? :mrgreen:
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Mylo

Swamp cooler? It's not that miserable if you can still use a swamp cooler to any effect. Try installing solar panels for a living in a sub-tropical rainforest climate, with a humidity of 80% -100% and 95+ degrees. Air conditioning is the only way to go in the south. Unfortunately, grocery stores and restaraunts seem to keep the thermostat on 60 which makes you want to puke after coming in from the heat.

PS I got rid of my need for propane to brew partly for reasons of the heat it puts off.
Brandt

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Brandt wrote:

Mylo

Swamp cooler? It's not that miserable if you can still use a swamp cooler to any effect. Try installing solar panels for a living in a sub-tropical rainforest climate, with a humidity of 80% -100% and 95+ degrees. Air conditioning is the only way to go in the south. Unfortunately, grocery stores and restaraunts seem to keep the thermostat on 60 which makes you want to puke after coming in from the heat.

PS I got rid of my need for propane to brew partly for reasons of the heat it puts off.

I grew up in Knoxville, TN, brotha man! Doyle (then became South Doyle) High School. The 115° weather here is much more fucking miserable than it ever was back home.
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:24 pm

[quote="
I grew up in Knoxville, TN, brotha man! Doyle (then became South Doyle) High School. The 115° weather here is much more fucking miserable than it ever was back home.[/quote]

:asshat:
NormBrews

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 pm

I brewed for the first time in well over a month today (long hiatus for me) in my new dwelling (shared with girlfriend). Things are not as spacious as my previous place and there were certainly some kinks to work out adjusting my equipment to the space, but I think it went okay. The fridge is close to the stove so I have a makeshift and very rudimentary tier system going so that I can drain the wort from the mashtun into the kettle while the burner is on. It must have shaved off at least 45 mins to the day. Oh yeah, I brewed an English bitter, more or less Jamil's recipe, with Special Roast malt that I had to travel about 90 mins on public transit to get. Biscuity!
Fermenting - Sour/hoppy Belgian Pale
On deck - ?
Kegged - Belgian Wit
brewerTristan

PreviousNext

Return to All Grain Brewing