Re: training hops

Tue May 12, 2009 6:09 pm

I went out last week to start training my hops to climb the twine. When I got there, they had already found the twine and started climbing on their own. Intelligent hops, they didn't even need to be trained on what to do. :)

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Wed May 13, 2009 5:07 am

JohnPK wrote:Actually, Clockwise north of the equator and counter clockwise south of it.

So I guess you train them the same direction that your toilet water swirls? :D

Watch out Bug, you may wake up one day and the hops are standing over you with a knife :twisted:
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon May 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Holy Crap!! My second year hops are already to the top of my 14' trellis(Crystal and Chinook)!! And it appears that they may be making cones already!? I live in SW Virginia. My cascade and centennial are pretty darn wimpy. Fuggles are doing OK. Pics to follow.
Primary: Surley Bender
2ndary: ESB and Black Forest Stout (which has formed a pellicle, guess I'll ride it out)
On Tap:
Evin Twin
Belgian Stout
In Bottles:
Tasty's APA
Black IPA
Bourbon Barrel Aged RIS
S. English Brown
summy

Previous

Return to Homegrown