Re: BNA 8 Critique

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 pm

I think BNA belongs back in the Bay Area where it started . Not just because i don't have the money to travel , we just never saw a need to ceritique how it went , what was poured who played or how loud it was . It was a big party . We drank and had fun .
Petedadink

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm

My one and only complaint about BNA8 is that it ended before I got there. Even though I had several flight fuck ups and my final plane did not land until 10 minutes before the party was scheduled to end, and I didn't make it to the venue until AFTER it was scheduled to end, nobody said "Hey, wait a bit, Niko is on his way, lets keep this party going for another hour or two" so that sucked donkey balls. I did get to rush in and meet (and was picked up by..physically..Blober), and also met a bunch of other folks in a quick a few minutes. I then hauled ass over to the hotel and got shitfaced at the bar with everybody who showed up there (J, JP, Push, Drew Beechum, Sammy, etc etc etc), and yelled "fuck you" at a bunch of people I didn't know (it was in context and in a happy tone). All in all this was by far the BNA that I was closest to going to and did not actually attend and I intend to go to many many more but at the times that they are scheduled to begin rather than after the times that they are scheduled to end.

For those of you who attended (on time) thank you for peeing on me.

Cya at BNA9!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo
Last edited by NikoBrew on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:34 pm

NikoBrew wrote:My one and only complaint about BNA8 is that it ended before it got there. Even though I had several flight fuck ups and my final plane did not land until 10 minutes before the party was scheduled to end, and I didn't make it to the venue until AFTER it was scheduled to end, nobody said "Hey, wait a bit, Niko is on his way, lets keep this party going for another hour or two" so that sucked donkey balls. I did get to rush in and meet (and was picked up by..physically..Blober), and also met a bunch of other folks in a quick a few minutes. I then hauled ass over to the hotel and got shitfaced at the bar with everybody who showed up there (J, JP, Push, Drew Beechum, Sammy, etc etc etc), and yelled "fuck you" at a bunch of people I didn't know (it was in context and in a happy tone). All in all this was by far the BNA that I was closest to going to and did not actually attend and I intend to go to many many more but at the times that they are scheduled to begin rather than after the times that they are scheduled to end.

For those of you who attended (on time) thank you for peeing on me.

Cya at BNA9!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxo

Now, that's the spirit we're looking for Niko! :lol:
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:15 am

Guido wrote:
Glad your experience was better, what you expected. The logistics of the VIP option wasn't possible for us. We didn't get back from the DFH tour until around 7:00. Plus, it was a little pricey for a group of eight. Next year in GR, I'll probably wait to see what options are open before I pull the trigger.

Your first post says raise the price and then you post that the vip was a bit pricey? That's confusing to me. I personally was unable to attend but think that the BNA's should remain open to as many as possible. It's our clubs yearly get together and to exclude people would be a shame in my opinion.
ddold

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 am

ddold wrote:
Guido wrote:
Glad your experience was better, what you expected. The logistics of the VIP option wasn't possible for us. We didn't get back from the DFH tour until around 7:00. Plus, it was a little pricey for a group of eight. Next year in GR, I'll probably wait to see what options are open before I pull the trigger.

Your first post says raise the price and then you post that the vip was a bit pricey? That's confusing to me. I personally was unable to attend but think that the BNA's should remain open to as many as possible. It's our clubs yearly get together and to exclude people would be a shame in my opinion.

The VIP was too much for a lot in our group of seven. I didn't see the value in it because I would miss the dinner completely. I would have preferred the regular admission be more ($65 or so?) to compensate for fewer people. The more I think about it, I went to the BNA hoping it would be different from what I knew it would be. I'm glad others had a good time. But I think it's just not my thing.
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:49 am

I don't have any complaint. I expected food, beer, and loud music and got more than I needed. I found old friends and made new ones. I was entertained. I'm already half deaf so it was great because everyone was yelling and I could actually understand what they were saying.
bloberglawp

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:49 am

BrewTa2 wrote:Order fast, get your beer and move the fuck away from the bar (I can dream)!

+1!

I had a good time at BNA8, and didn't have help Moscow get stuff from Home Depot this time. ;) It was too crowded for my taste (after the VIP dinner) so I left.

I know that everyone wants to come to BNA parties, so much so that if they don't get tickets, they whine and cancel their trips to NHC. I expected the the crowd. I wasn't upset by it. And I will be at BNA9 with BrewTat.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:... And I will be at BNA9 with BrewTat.

Slum'in it again next year huh.
CRBrewHound

Previous

Return to Beer Events