Re: NHC 1st round

Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:That's why I don't enter my beers in competitions anymore, and have no desire yo become a judge.

Funny, I took the opposite approach and got more involved in judging after getting some lousy score sheets. If I'm better than these bozos filling out score sheets for me, then maybe I ought to help out other brewers and fill out score sheets for them. Moreover, the experience makes me better at evaluating my own beer. Seems like a win all around to me.
siwelwerd

Sat May 11, 2013 10:41 pm

siwelwerd wrote:
Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:That's why I don't enter my beers in competitions anymore, and have no desire yo become a judge.

Funny, I took the opposite approach and got more involved in judging after getting some lousy score sheets. If I'm better than these bozos filling out score sheets for me, then maybe I ought to help out other brewers and fill out score sheets for them. Moreover, the experience makes me better at evaluating my own beer. Seems like a win all around to me.

Same here. I figured that if I became a judge, then I'd know what to look for and wouldn't ever need to rely on somebody else to tell me what's wrong (or right) with my beer.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat May 11, 2013 10:54 pm

BDawg wrote:
siwelwerd wrote:

Same here. I figured that if I became a judge, then I'd know what to look for and wouldn't ever need to rely on somebody else to tell me what's wrong (or right) with my beer.

"If you are not part of the solution, you are just helping to f@rk things up"
Barack Obama - 1827

love

g
"in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"....a person not quite as plastered as the rest (not a quote by RSM grod of the BN Army)
grod

Sun May 12, 2013 5:00 pm

I became a judge to because of the crappy judges out there. I put forth alot of effort in getting my certification and hope to provide accurate and well placed feedback to brewers while judging the beer to the style not how I like it. There is no reason to not be a judge
Sharkguy05
PFC - East Coast Division
"Your never to drunk to fall off the floor"

Tap:
Kats Sour puss
Dunkelweisse
Big Fat Bock
Crystal satan
Fermenting:
Wise Bugg
sharkguy05

Sun May 19, 2013 1:12 pm

sharkguy05 wrote:I became a judge to because of the crappy judges out there. I put forth alot of effort in getting my certification and hope to provide accurate and well placed feedback to brewers while judging the beer to the style not how I like it. There is no reason to not be a judge

Being a lazy f$%*er? ... there is a reason. :jnj ... Not a judge yet but am waiting for results of the tasting exam. The whole process of studying and critically tasting a wide variety of beers really helped out my palate and helped me find the particular ranges/characters in any particular style that I really liked which has helped with my recipe formulations.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Mon May 20, 2013 4:35 am

EagleDude wrote:
sharkguy05 wrote:I became a judge to because of the crappy judges out there. I put forth alot of effort in getting my certification and hope to provide accurate and well placed feedback to brewers while judging the beer to the style not how I like it. There is no reason to not be a judge

Being a lazy f$%*er? ... there is a reason. :jnj

How about, 'don't give a rat's ass?' :D
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am

I forgot where i am posting at n needing to be specific.... Those reason are valid but there is no good reason not be a judge i should say especially if ur gonna bitch about ur score sheet
sharkguy05

Tue May 21, 2013 11:08 am

Oh, a 'good' reason, you forgot to mention that :D

I promise never to bitch about my score sheets. :P
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

PreviousNext