Re: NHC 1st round

Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 am

sharkguy05 wrote:I forgot where i am posting at n needing to be specific.... Those reason are valid but there is no good reason not be a judge i should say especially if ur gonna bitch about ur score sheet

That is all well and good but if someone pays to get feedback on a beer they should get a good response. I enter competitions for feedback so I can make the best beer possible. If I don't score a fifty than I can do something to improve whether it be process or recipe. It is the judges job to convey how I can improve. Generic responses like it lacks wow is not good whether I am a judge or not. If I wanted that kind of feedback then I could have just given my friends the beer
PFC BN army
Hardcore

Re: NHC 1st round

Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Hardcore wrote:
sharkguy05 wrote:I forgot where i am posting at n needing to be specific.... Those reason are valid but there is no good reason not be a judge i should say especially if ur gonna bitch about ur score sheet

That is all well and good but if someone pays to get feedback on a beer they should get a good response. I enter competitions for feedback so I can make the best beer possible. If I don't score a fifty than I can do something to improve whether it be process or recipe. It is the judges job to convey how I can improve. Generic responses like it lacks wow is not good whether I am a judge or not. If I wanted that kind of feedback then I could have just given my friends the beer

There might be demand for a service to criteque beer by highly qualified BJCP judges instead of the crap shot taken when entering brew in a comp. I could see paying a fee for a comprehensive evaluation for the purpose of improving my brewing process. Removing the demands of a completion would eliminate the scoring challenge and let the judge focus on constructive feedback.
I enter most comps for the feedback and have occationally been lucky enough to have very experienced judges provide that and learned from his/her comments.
Grandpa

Previous

Return to Beer Events