Re: BN table at club night

Sat May 11, 2013 7:06 am

Thanks for stepping up on this. (I want to note that while I was one of the primary contacts last year, I also was on the NHC local organizing committee and so I had EvanB to concentrate BN stuff on club night. Evan did a great job).

What you need to do is coordinate a bunch of volunteers to help with various aspects of the booth and hospitality suite:

1) A decoration crew - a small set of folks who will figure out decorations for the booth, procure them (talk to JP about this stuff), and guide the setup on club night.
2) A setup/teardown crew - a few more guys who just help get the booth set up. Think manual labor.
3) A pouring crew - you want enough people so that nobody spends the whole night only pouring. They need to get out and about to the other booths so you want to assign half-hour shifts.
4) You will also need a similar crew for the BN hospitality suite shift (if there is one), though this is much easier as there is usually a pre-setup pouring station that every club shares. You only need a couple of shifts of people to hook up the kegs and then pour.
5) You need to have someone coordinate kegs - ie, maintain the list of who is bringing what, and then balancing the kegs so that enough go to club night and a smaller amount go to the hospitality suite.
It is hard to know how much beer you will pour in the hosp suite. It depends on the timing. If you get the shift after pro-brewer's night or after club night, you will go through a shit-ton of beer. If you get a shift mid-afternoon, you will go through a lot less, unless its directly following one of the keynote speeches, etc. The other thing though is that this year will be 2x the size so expect that you will go through a lot.
All that said-

If you are willing to move a kegorator, that's great, but honestly a big ass jockey box is more than adequate. The "cellar" is a pair of huge 18wheeler refrigerated trailers. Each booth is given bags of ice. The beer stays plenty cold and you could conceivably serve out of simple picnic taps.

The biggest issue is CO2. Somebody either needs to bring CO2 for the booth or they need to find out
where they can rent a tank.

While a CO2 manifold would be sweet, you can get away with simply moving the CO2 connector from keg to keg to add gas to various kegs as they need it. Yes, it's a little bit of a pain in the ass, but my point is that you don't need to come up with a huge CO2 distribution system.

Finally, I suggest you start up a new thread (I'll sticky it for you) holding the various lists NOW so that folks can commit to bringing beer, volunteering to pour, etc, and so that you can have an idea of who's bringing what so you know how many jockey boxes you'll need, et.

If YOU create the first post, you'll be able to edit it (and we mods can help too, sort of the way that we've been all editing the "who's going to NHC" thread.).

Let me know and I'll answer any questions for you. And see you in Philly.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat May 11, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for the info BDawg. I will wait to see what Justin says to make sure no other plans have been made and then I'm sure I'll be asking you more questions
PFC BN army
Hardcore

Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 am

Hardcore wrote:I will wait to see what Justin says to make sure no other plans have been made

I was going to point out the same thing. I don't believe any other plans have been made, but you never know around here. Thanks again for stepping up & taking initiative. We all appreciate it. Wish I could help out on the drinking crew that BDawg forgot to list, but I shall not be there. Best of luck!
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat May 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Hardcore wrote:Hey peeps, I am local, my brother and I can provide his keggerator and my keezer between the two of us we can hold 6 cornies and 2 scotties. Not sure if this is enough. I also would have no idea what I would have to do to organize as organization is not my specialty. I will send Justin an email. And see what happens. I'll keep you posted

Go ahead Hardcore! That is what I am talking about. Let me know if you need a keg or two :D

Alex
darkalex

Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I'd love to take a shift pouring and break a regulator when drunk at the end and taking the booth down.
Bub wrote:well played.... I see your creepy and raise you art
bloberglawp

Sun May 19, 2013 7:37 am

Hey whiners. HC started a thread here. Sign your asses up.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Beer Events