Re: NHC Registration is Open!!!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 am

elsinore wrote:I'm in the same boat, waiting for my tax return. I did a quick google search for when it sold out last year, and the closest I can find(because I'm at work, and our filter blocks almost everything related to beer. Bleh) is a San Diego Beer Blog post from April 13 2011 that says that conference is ALMOST sold out.

I'm not saying this year it won't sell out quicker, but it looks like we have a little time.

They have been posting on the AHA forum that they are selling faster than they expected. Hopefully you'll get in before they sell out, or maybe just miss out on the banquet.

Rooms at the Hyatt are sold out for Tues and Wed, but they are trying to get more rooms at the Westin, which is connected by a skybridge.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

I ordered my hotel and tickets as soon as the registration opened. Heard that there wasn't as much room as last year and it was expected to sell out much quicker. I even took the day off work. Couldn't risk it since it's in my own backyard.
Fermentor:
Chocolate Coffee Stout, Saison, DAMO Blonde, Munich Helles
Serving:
Schmitten Doppelbock, Flanders Red, Brett Brux Pale, NugJug DIPA
kcschmitt

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am

walows wrote:Is the conference sold out already? The price for the conference is $1000.00, what is that about?

Walows...sorry about being late on this one. He is what Gary Glass posted on the AHA Forum:

The $1000 price means you are not logged in as an AHA member. If you do have a valid membership and are having trouble logging in, contact our members services department, as they can walk you through the login process: 888-822-6273.

Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:50 am

elsinore wrote:And we have to pay $235+airfare and hotel for this privilege? Pass.

Just kidding, I'm registering within the next week.

Reports are it's already 75% sold out. Better act quick. :jnj
micsager

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

From what I've heard if you want to go, I wouldn't wait till next week to buy tickets
Bokonon

Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 am

Bokonon wrote:From what I've heard if you want to go, I wouldn't wait till next week to buy tickets

And the conference hotel is already full on Tuesday and Wednesday, if you were planning to arrive early.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Yep, the word we were getting locally Thursday afternoon is it is about 75% booked. Also the hotel is filling up quickly. As someone else said, there will not be quite as much room as there was in San Diego, so there are less tickets to begin with. If you really want to go, don't wait for the tax refunds. Scrape up or borrow the money somewhere, cuz it's filling up fast.

Looking forward to BNA7 as well. Last year was a blast.

Cheers :aaron
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness
Zen_Brew

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:29 pm

I've been hearing that it's selling out at a record pace.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events