3rd Annual Hops in Humboldt 2006

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:30 pm

This is a great event folks, the proceeds go to local non-profit organizations. I have been to both previous years events and had a great time. This year I am hoping to have my own booth to donate my homebrew for a good cause. Last year there was one hombrewer and they took the peoples choice award over all the commercial brewers.

Hops in Humboldt
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Rohner Park, Noon to 6pm
Beer and Brewing event in the heart of Fortuna. Northern California and Southern Oregon breweries giving tastes, live music, home brew demos. Admission $20, for more information call David Reed 725-9261. Watch the event LIVE on the FortunaCam.
Anderson Valley Brewing Co. (Bahl hornin')

Hell Freezes over show
" I am gunna guess this is an IPA. Its the same color as one and kinda tastes like one"
Dr Scott 8:10 pm Sunday Jan. 14th, 2007
Homegrown Hops

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:10 pm

I have gotten the word that I will have my own booth for serving. It would be way cool to see any of you folks from TBN forums there. I will have two beers on tap in rotation as needed. I will probably take four styles and see what happens.

Cheers,
HH

Hell Freezes over show
" I am gunna guess this is an IPA. Its the same color as one and kinda tastes like one"
Homegrown Hops

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:29 pm

Sounds cool man. I wish I could come. Have fun :)

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:35 am

Where was this fest and Homegrown when I attended HSU? The only beer event I saw up there was the brewfest scheduled for the weekend before finals in the Spring semester. WTF? How to encourage students not to study! Good to see that there is an event earlier in the year. The North Coast of CA has some pretty cool beer culture.
Warren
wrplace

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:58 am

Warren,
There used to be a brewfest in the area called "Bebop and Brew" but that fell to the wayside back in 2000 I believe. The new event held in Fortuna will hopefully stand the test of time. Its really not that far of a drive from Davis and everyone know that Fortuna is "The friendly City" so dont be afraid to make the trip and have a great time. Another bonus is that you get to try at least 4 of my brews along numerous craft breweries. All you can taste for $20 with a souvineir glass. I have the 1ST anuual pint glass, and the 2nd annual 7 oz Pilsner glass. I wonder waht they will use this year.

Cheers,
HH

Hell Freezes over show
Homegrown Hops

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 pm

How about that? How many other HSU alumni are on this board, I wonder?

(Class of 91, 92, and finally, 93 personally) :wink:
On Deck:
Primary: American Amber Ale
Conditioning:
On tap (kegerator!):
Fond memories:

Beer-gut: 38"
jaydub

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:20 pm

jaydub wrote:How about that? How many other HSU alumni are on this board, I wonder?

(Class of 91, 92, and finally, 93 personally) :wink:
Unfortunately I am still attending, a little late in attending college since I am 38.

Hell Freezes over show
Homegrown Hops

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:24 pm

I knew a number of older students when I was there, all assisted by the ARC (Adult Re-entry Center). Is it still operating?
On Deck:
Primary: American Amber Ale
Conditioning:
On tap (kegerator!):
Fond memories:

Beer-gut: 38"
jaydub

Next

Return to Beer Events