Dogfish Head Squall IPA

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPzZjuTvZY

Appearance:Poured a hazy orange color with little head in a big brandy snifter. The head was light tan that didn't last very long.
Aroma: Dominant smell was orange. I also got hints of pine and perfume like aroma.
Taste: Mild bitterness with a grapefruit bite in the front and middle. It finished off with a malty caramel taste. There was a lot of other stuff going on in this taste that I couldn't pinpoint.
Overall: 90/100

For those who have tried this, Did you like it?
arsenal610

Re: Dogfish Head Squall IPA

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 am

I wasn't impressed with it. Had it about a year ago last January while I was out in Florida. Hop presence was pretty low. Possibly got a bottle that had been sitting for a while. Picked it up at a bit warehouse type store in the Ft. Meyers area although they did have a big craft brew selection.
CraftBeerTime.com - It's Always Craft Beer Time
BeerBrewin

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:37 am

I liked it, that was breakfast on Big Brew day(and led to my downward spiral that day). It was malty, not crazy hoppy, like DFH's beers tend to be.
PFC BN Army Southeastern PA Division
http://www.barefootlionbrewing.blogspot.com
BarefootLion

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 am

i like it. its more balanced than any of their other ipas. easy drinking with nice nose and a good finish. we get it pretty fresh here in MD.
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Steelers&Beer wrote:i like it. its more balanced than any of their other ipas. easy drinking with nice nose and a good finish. we get it pretty fresh here in MD.

I envy you.. I would love to try this fresh.
arsenal610

Return to Beer Reviews