It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm 
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 54
I didn't know where else to post this, but if this a bad place please move or lock it up.

All I have right now is Pint and Mug. For now, I want to get a Goblet,Pilsner and Weizen Glass.

Anybody know of good websites/stores I could find affordable beer glasses?

Also, I’m a beginner when it comes to beer tasting, so any other recommendations on what type of beer glasses a beginner should always have handy would be appreciated.

Thank you!

_________________
Check Out My Beer Reviews on Youtube

Check out My Beer Blog


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
arsenal610 wrote:
I didn't know where else to post this, but if this a bad place please move or lock it up.

All I have right now is Pint and Mug. For now, I want to get a Goblet,Pilsner and Weizen Glass.

Anybody know of good websites/stores I could find affordable beer glasses?

Also, I’m a beginner when it comes to beer tasting, so any other recommendations on what type of beer glasses a beginner should always have handy would be appreciated.

Thank you!


If you're a beginner, I'd focus more on the beer and less on the glassware. For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.
Image

FWIW, for daily drinking, I pour higher gravity beers into goblet style glasses (ie wine glasses) and more sessionable beers into English pint glasses.
Image

The beauty of beer is that there isn't glassware nazis like there is in the wine world. Mine are good suggestions, but the many that follow and are different will also be good suggestions.

_________________
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm 
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:42 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Annapolis,MD
the stone web shop has some good glasses at decent prices, also crate and barrel if you have one near you has some cool glasses called bruges beer glasses and they are always going on sale.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm 
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 54
Thanks for the suggestions.

_________________
Check Out My Beer Reviews on Youtube

Check out My Beer Blog


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 am 
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 4:50 pm
Posts: 62
If you have a Target in your area they have some nice glassware

_________________
Back Nine Brew&Wine
What I am brewing is now a mystery
SofaKingWeTodDid


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am 
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 am
Posts: 267
Location: MA
andy77 wrote:
For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.
Image


Agreed. I use globe glasses as my daily drinkers. They naturally serve to give you a good dose of aroma as you lift the glass to take a drink. My personal favorite are from New Belgium Brewery:

Image

_________________
Fermenting: English Mild
Conditioning: Wild Pumpkin
Drinking: Funky Saison


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:42 am 
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:23 pm
Posts: 513
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Cody wrote:
andy77 wrote:
For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.
Image


Agreed. I use globe glasses as my daily drinkers. They naturally serve to give you a good dose of aroma as you lift the glass to take a drink. My personal favorite are from New Belgium Brewery:

Image



Emphatic +1 on the New Belgium Glasses ... they are by far my favorite beer glassware.

_________________
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am 
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 498
Location: Central Coast, CA
Find a restaurant supply store. They usually have a wide range of glass shapes and reasonable (cheap) prices. I picked up 36 8oz whiskey hi-ball glasses (have a slight bulb shape) for tasting and parties. They were less than a buck a piece. If they get broken, it's not a big deal.

here's an idea, but look local and you may get cheaper prices:
http://www.restaurantequipment.com/LIBINDEX.html

The store may also have catalogs of glassware to chose from as well.

The Fool.

_________________
Non-Motorized Mechanized Division, BN Army


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2009 phpBB Group