NHC2013 BOS light lager?

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:10 pm

does anyone have the recipe for the BOS nhc2013 light lager? thanks
bkov

Re: NHC2013 BOS light lager?

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm

It should be in Zymurgy... can't believe a light lager won that though?!?!?!

Must have been one heck of a light lager right?
Skibbereen

BN Army, PFC, Philly Division

Fermenter: Irish Red, Lambic 1 and 2, Framboise, Blueberry Lambic, Kriek, Sour Choc Porter, Sour BB Porter

Keg: Flanders Brown, BIPA, Choc Porter, BB Porter, Irish Red

On Deck: IIPA, Pilsner, Rauchbier, RIS
Skibbereen

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:11 am

Zymurgy usually posts the winning recipes in one of the fall issues.
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 am

This year seemed full of shenanigans. BOS for category 1, exploding commemorative cans, and did the Ninkasi trophy break or something? Wow. Wish I had been there.
Effingbeer

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:37 am

I've judged Annie's light lager before. (She lives in Seattle but is from Sacramento and spends time in both places.) It's simply a fantastic beer. The recipe will be in Zymurgy.

Congrats to our own Tavish2 and his wife also for winning Cidermaker of the year as well.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM2 Judge
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 am

Effingbeer wrote:This year seemed full of shenanigans. BOS for category 1, exploding commemorative cans, and did the Ninkasi trophy break or something? Wow. Wish I had been there.

The commemorative can exploding in the back of my vehicle, made for an exciting ride home! Got half my shit soaked though, which pissed me off!!!
CRBrewHound

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:34 am

That guy from Muntons looked like his head was going to explode when they stammered through, "she's not here..."
Effingbeer

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:11 pm

CRBrewHound wrote:
Effingbeer wrote:This year seemed full of shenanigans. BOS for category 1, exploding commemorative cans, and did the Ninkasi trophy break or something? Wow. Wish I had been there.

The commemorative can exploding in the back of my vehicle, made for an exciting ride home! Got half my shit soaked though, which pissed me off!!!

I threw mine away. Lots of guys did. Many of them were infected. A bunch of them were "returned" to one of the tables in the hospitality suite after the banquet.

The Rye Saison was a crapshoot. Some of them were decent Saisons. The others had so much diacetyl that one of the guys at my table dunked his bread stick in it for the butter.

The Manyunk Robust Porter was really nice, but the only time we got any of that was during the keynote speech, so we each only got a couple ounces at most.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM2 Judge
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Next

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles