Re: '10 Centennial

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:00 am

I just brewed an IPA that's heavily dry hopped with Cent. and Amarillo. I thought they smelled great out of the bag but haven't tasted the beer yet, so we'll see.
:bnarmy: CORPORAL BN ARMY :bnarmy:
“You’re not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.” — Dean Martin
bigdan

Re: '10 Centennial

Thu May 12, 2011 10:30 am

My 2010 Centennial leaf from Hops Direct also did not measure up, and I purposefully sought some info (found this thread) to find out if I was nuts or indeed got some subpar hops. They just lack the pungency I'm accustomed to, and even have a somewhat "old" note to them. Not severely oxidized or cheesy, but just not what I expect from fresh, vacuum-sealed hops. Next to the Amarillo leaf I bought from them the Centennial gets blown out of the water.

Despite the fact that I bought all I needed from HD, I threw 2 oz in my next Fresh Hops order just for comparison's sake. This was in December. I'll try to report back here when I open those up, as they're still sealed.
greenbirds

Previous

Return to Brewing Ingredients