Re: why is everyone afraid of sanke kegs for homebrew

Wed May 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Does anyone know of a place to buy semi-used 50L Euro kegs? It seems like to me that pushing your system to ~11 gallons and filling one up more than 80% wouldn't be too inefficient.

I'll have the opportunity to move up to 10 gallon batches and kegging in about a year. At that point you pretty much have to decide beforehand because everything is bitchingly expensive.
Bobbie Dooley

Thu May 22, 2014 12:17 pm

I remember back when Northern Brewer would sell 4 kegs for $80 with flat-rate shipping. Those days are gone. If I was just getting into kegging, Sanke would be an attractive option.
maxwell

Sun May 25, 2014 7:46 am

maxwell wrote:I remember back when Northern Brewer would sell 4 kegs for $80 with flat-rate shipping. Those days are gone. If I was just getting into kegging, Sanke would be an attractive option.

Sadly that really wasn't all that long ago. I wish I would've bought more of those when they were around.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing