Re: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I broke my kegerator!!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Is "Hole Hawggin' " a category on A and E?

If not it's a title in the Orgy category
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:36 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:You should probably pick up one of these and turn it into a drain if it isn't already.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200055974_200055974

I'm sure that would get the drain clear, but I could buy a whole new 'fridge for less than that. I have been at work all day and haven't been able to look for an outlet yet. Lucky for me I still have my old one to use as a cadaver!! I will dissect the old one on Friday and see what I can find.
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:45 pm

UPDATE!!!!

The replacement 'fridge has been working great up until a few days ago.I had some ice building up on the back where the coolant runs and thought I should probably unplug it or a day or so and let it thaw out. But I had JUST kegged up a beer and thought it could probably wait for a few days or so. After about 5 days I notice a big puddle in front of the 'fridge so I open the door and notice the big ice block in the back is diminishing so I think "cool!!! defrost is getting rid of the ice BS in the back". Then the next day I notice my beer isn't very cold and the next day I notice the beer isn't really cold at all. Does it sound like I have ruined another small refrigerator or is this something that can be repaired? The fridge does operate, but it doesn't seem to be cooling at all. I have unplugged it for 24 hours and then plugged it back in and it runs, but does not chill.

FUCKIN' HELL!!!
I just want to drink beer...
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14 pm

I have finally given up up all of the wussy-ass dorm refrigerators and bought a chest freezer. A new one, with a warranty. I took the hardware off of the 2nd dead P.O.S. and installed it as well as a temp controller and it's been working great for about 2 weeks now. I'm sure you've all seen them before, but here are a few pics. I will post more when I get a collar installed and the second tower.

I want the CO2 tank outside the freezer and with a collar I will be able to fit 4 Corny kegs inside. I am also looking forward to having something to mount the manifold to.
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:37 pm

bazookazilla wrote:I have finally given up up all of the wussy-ass dorm refrigerators and bought a chest freezer. A new one, with a warranty.

Of course your modifications likely voided the warranty...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:43 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
bazookazilla wrote:I have finally given up up all of the wussy-ass dorm refrigerators and bought a chest freezer. A new one, with a warranty.

Of course your modifications likely voided the warranty...

it's almost like you want to take my drive away....
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing