Re: Gone...every f---ing drop

Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:54 pm

brewinhard wrote:
brewindruid wrote:
Guido wrote:I didn't connect the tap completely to my full keg of Maibock that our club did as a group project. I lost every fucking drop into my brand new keezer. I just want to cry.

Same thing happened to me a month or so ago. A wonderful Mosaic pale ale. Went out to try a bit, keg was dry!!!!
No sign of it anywhere. It had all drained out the door and back underneath the fridge, then out the back of the garage. Thought someone had stolen my prize brew! LOL :shock:

Jesus! I guess the only saving grace was that you really didn't have too much to clean up... still quite sad!

A drunk ant is a happy ant, it's the Black Widows I that come looking for the drunk ants that I have to deal with...big sons of bitches too!

A trick poppet can be so much fun, watch a brew buddy do the beer dance after getting a cull on facial brom a bad poppet, too funny. He's the type that really would shoot the damn thing too!
Beer, what all good things are built upon!
Primary:
Lagering:
On tap: Wharfside Porter
On tap: Braw Jock
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:27 am

brewindruid wrote: A drunk ant is a happy ant, it's the Black Widows I that come looking for the drunk ants that I have to deal with...big sons of bitches too!

Sounds like an interesting new collection technique!
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
brewindruid wrote: A drunk ant is a happy ant, it's the Black Widows I that come looking for the drunk ants that I have to deal with...big sons of bitches too!

Sounds like an interesting new collection technique!

Some of these bad girls are huge spider. I really have to be carefull where I sitck my hand. To many nice corners for them to call home! I hate to use pestacides but they have no top predator. They don't care for hairspray very much, I'll tell you that!
Primary:
Lagering:
Planning: Sanguinity Amber Ale, Lauging Parrot Pale Ale, and Screaming Parrot IPA
brewindruid

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:29 am

I do have a question for them what knows. I replace the o-rings on my posts reasonably regularly, both sides. I have noticed that in wiggling the QD's just right I can get some leaking, but not when released. Is it the o-rings in the QD's. These are spec o-rings on the posts???
Primary:
Lagering:
brewindruid

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 pm

brewindruid wrote:I do have a question for them what knows. I replace the o-rings on my posts reasonably regularly, both sides. I have noticed that in wiggling the QD's just right I can get some leaking, but not when released. Is it the o-rings in the QD's. These are spec o-rings on the posts???

I can't find my last invoice at the moment, but I believe the ones I use are 9396K24 from McMaster. They're softer but if you replace them frequently, it's not a big deal.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:26 am

Ozwald wrote:
brewindruid wrote:I do have a question for them what knows. I replace the o-rings on my posts reasonably regularly, both sides. I have noticed that in wiggling the QD's just right I can get some leaking, but not when released. Is it the o-rings in the QD's. These are spec o-rings on the posts???

I can't find my last invoice at the moment, but I believe the ones I use are 9396K24 from McMaster. They're softer but if you replace them frequently, it's not a big deal.

And you know Oz is giving you that directly from his memory. I would trust'em.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing