Re: Coffin Kegerator Build - 2013 Project

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks. I've got to get mine finished and out of the garage. It's been functional for awhile, but it's taking up too much real estate in there and I just need to get off my ass and do it. Now that summer's over, my weekend free time will go back to normal. Plus I've got a gingerbread stout I'm wanting to try and I want this done before I brew it. As impatient as I am to brew the beer, though, the kegerator may have a few breaks.
12stones

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:57 am

I ended up drilling holes through the collar & just put taps there for now. The collar was only intended to be the upper support for the wood wrap & to leave a nice air space for external cooling. The base is done, but that really was just to get it up on casters. It's pretty ugly, but it's doing the trick. I've got to finish the new brewery before I even think about working on that thing. I can't brew at the moment & all I've got on tap is a 4ish year old barleywine & StarSan. No sense in doing anything to it if I don't have anything to put in it. Well I suppose I could go find a hooker, but then I'd have to clean & sanitize it when I did have some kegs to put in it. And it's just too fucking hot to be digging any holes in the backyard.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Making the final push to get this finished up. Some decorative moulding for the front. Trimming out the bottom of the coffin with quarter round. Attached the top using decorative bolts. The final part will be the shelving for the sides to hold the beer glasses.

12stones

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:17 am

Damn you! You're making me want to move mine up on the priority list. Great work. I really like your choices with the trim. That's some nice wood you got there.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 am

Ozwald wrote:That's some nice wood you got there.

That's what she said! Thanks.
12stones

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing