Re: Biofine - bested by it again..

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Ozwald wrote:Don't want to know how you obtained this information.

Testing for diabetes used to be by tasting the urine for sweetness. High SG urine may be an indication your body isn't processing sugar correctly, among other things. Random shit has a way of hanging out in my brain...

Sadly, I knew that as well & I'm in that same boat. Sometimes the most random information is the most fun though. I never heard what the actual gravity of sweet pee was though. I have heard of a diabetic getting arrested because the cop thought he was drunk, IIRC it didn't turn out too bad, since the mistake was realized pretty quickly & they got him to the hospital. A spike in blood sugar can make the breath smell like you're out on a bender.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 am

Buttwidget wrote:Random shit and sweet pee.

~widget

Classic BN behavior, and all in a thread I started - major day brightener.

Anyhow, thanks for the pics and more detailed info widget, and I wasn't questioning your practices, just wanted clarification on how to try this stuff my next go round. I use buckets, so I'll give that a try on JZ's evil twin I've got sitting in primary. Thanks again.
duckmanco

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 am

Hopefully it helped :-)

Please let us know how it works out if you try it. Typically we never get closure on things like this and it leaves us with incomplete data.

~widget
Buttwidget

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Yes, definitely report back, even though I helped hijack this thread on a one way trip to urine-land.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 am

spiderwrangler wrote:Yes, definitely report back, even though I helped hijack this thread on a one way trip to urine-land.

I disavow any and all knowledge of said hijacking. Sweet pee. :asshat:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:43 am

We used biofine several days ago on two 15bbl fermenters of IPA. It seemed to drop yeast and hop haze very well. It did less with the actual hop matter. We use a liter per 15bbl's, and dose it in thru the racking arm in the upward position. It cut down our filtration time significantly.

I just dosed a 30bbl fermenter of Irish Red yesterday in the same manner. I think it should put us in a spot to where we will be able to filter those 30bbl's in about an hour. Time will tell. We filter it on Tuesday. I will report back.

Mills
:bnarmy:
Mills

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 am

Anyone ever use this stuff to clear a mead?
MNHazmat

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I've never used bio fine but have had excellent results with grocery store bought gelatin. Cold crash, then mix like a Tablespoon with like 100 ml of almost boiling water to pasteurize and dissolve, add to fermenter, swirl, let sit for 2 days, rack off. It cost about 1$ and works great.
Rufo B Padsworth

PreviousNext

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing