Stainless Steel CO2

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 am

Hey. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get stainless steel parts for a CO2 line. Thanks.
TallowyPoppy

Re: Stainless Steel CO2

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:51 am

Try some of the BN sponsor online shops.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Why stainless? Brass and Thermoplastic work well on the CO2 side. I am an advocate of all things being stainless, but I run Brass Industrial QD's and Thermoplastic QD's for the gas side. I get them from my company, Parker, but you can get the Colder Products at any LHBS or Northern Brewer or any other online shop. Use the gas line and barb fittings. I use a brass manifold for the 5 keg splitter to the thermoplastic QD's.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/cpc- ... -barb.html

Use standard gas line then, 1/4". You may need to go to a Parker or Colder distributor to get teh male and femal pipe versions if you want to run a manifold. FYI.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:23 am

Kbar wrote:Why stainless? Brass and Thermoplastic work well on the CO2 side. I am an advocate of all things being stainless, but I run Brass Industrial QD's and Thermoplastic QD's for the gas side. I get them from my company, Parker, but you can get the Colder Products at any LHBS or Northern Brewer or any other online shop. Use the gas line and barb fittings. I use a brass manifold for the 5 keg splitter to the thermoplastic QD's.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/cpc- ... -barb.html

Use standard gas line then, 1/4". You may need to go to a Parker or Colder distributor to get teh male and femal pipe versions if you want to run a manifold. FYI.

Kbar, do you use those polysulfone QD's on your gas lines? Do they work well under force carbing pressures?
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am

No. Those are larger flow diameters for liquid flow with lower pressure drop. I use the ones in the link above. See catalog link. Made for pressurized gas flow. I noticed that some of the online retailers do not carry all the port and size options. That is too bad.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Quick% ... %20pgs.pdf
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing