Hooked!

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:40 pm

After years of pleading with my wife to go to kegging, I was able to get approval. We just poured our first Irish Red draft and it blew her away. No more bottling! Life is good!!!
"Well...I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer."
-Jim Morrison, "Road House Blues"
Guido

Re: Hooked!

Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Guido wrote:After years of pleading with my wife to go to kegging, I was able to get approval. We just poured our first Irish Red draft and it blew her away. No more bottling! Life is good!!!

I feel your joy! :pop

I wouldn't brew if I still had to wash 50 bottles for every 5 gallon batch. Kegging is so easy, it feels like cheating!
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
Elbone

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm

wait till you pick up a chest freezer for cheap on craig's list and set up a multiple tap set up...your wife will either love it or i'm sure we can find a BNer with room for you and your kegerator;)...you'll never go back to bottling...enjoy!
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Congrats.

I just started kegging this year. I'm a pretty techie guy and it's awesome. The wife doesn't drink beer so it's mine, ALL MINE!!!! BA HA HA HA.

I just don't think to 2 keg system I have is going to be enough.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:34 am

Kegs are pretty cheap. I have 6 and want a few more. Between aging old ale, dopplebock, and a few lagers, I only have a keg or two left to run some quickie ales through.
On Deck:
Cream Ale
Fermenting:
Dusseldorf Altbier
On Tap:
Brown Porter

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. What horribly boring lives they must lead." Micky Rourke, Barfly
Crackin

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:22 am

Crackin wrote:Kegs are pretty cheap. I have 6 and want a few more. Between aging old ale, dopplebock, and a few lagers, I only have a keg or two left to run some quickie ales through.

do you age your lagers in keg under pressure or not? Also, do you put them in your kegerator, say at 40F, or do you lager them colder in a separate fridge?

Waiting for the next big special to pick up at least 4 more kegs.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am

I feel your joy, after 48 batches that where bottled, I got into kegging thanks to Chuppa!
Beer makes you smart, drinking is art.
www.fritzbrew.com

Corporal BN Amy
Fritz Eye

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing