Storage of kegs for bars.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 am

So I am in the market for a chest freezer for conversion to a kegerator like so many have done before me.
It would be setup in a detached garage for the next couple of years.
But one day we will be doing an addition to the house, and the bar is of course a requirement.
This may be a silly question, but what do people who have taps as part of the bar, much like a comercial bar, store the kegs in? Seems like mini-fridges are the answer.

Has anyone found an easy way to incorporate their chest feezer into a bar setup?
How many 5-gallon kegs can a mini hold?

I am wondering if I should skip the effort of converting a chest freezer if I am only going to use it for a couple of years then scraping the thing when the bar is built.

Would love to see some home bar setup pics!
Thanks!
Private First Class - Philly Division

Drinking:
Tasty APA
DFH 60 Min
CYBI Dad's Little Helper
Black Velveteen - Oatmeal Stout
Fermenting:
Barleywine
Lagering:
Notta
Next up:
brews for NHC
In the Funkhouse:
empty
atomicpunk

Re: Storage of kegs for bars.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 am

atomicpunk wrote:I am wondering if I should skip the effort of converting a chest freezer if I am only going to use it for a couple of years then scraping the thing when the bar is built.

Would love to see some home bar setup pics!
Thanks!

I would recommend getting a cheap one off of Graig's list - you would be surprised at the deal you can get and it would be well worth it if your only planing to keep it a couple of years

I don't have pics but I do have a vid of 2 out of the 4 fridges/freezer that I have dedicated to brewing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cWa2Owl ... annel_page
Blowmax10

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing