Cam & Groove QD's

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Has anyone used the cam and groove fittings being sold by Brewers Hardware? I have a gift certificate for there and these are the only things I could really use, although I'm reluctant to move away from polysulfone due to the hot metal factor.
MNHazmat

Re: Cam & Groove QD's

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 pm

I own the same type of camlocks however I purchased mine from a different vendor (not for any particular reason). If you plan on using them throughout your entire setup, make sure you really have the entire flow of your brewing process mapped out if you plan on using multiple pumps and hoses to transfer liquids from point A to B to C. Not that this is a big deal or a lot of work but you don't want to order a bunch of camlocks and then figure out later that you forgot one or bought the wrong one and have to go back online and buy another type and pay for shipping again. Yep I did that when I bought mine :roll:

Also you may want to replace the black rubber or whatever material gaskets that come with them. I'm not sure if it was just the ones I bought but mine left a lot of weird metallic rubber looking filings on the inner surface of the camlock. I ended up replacing mine with a silicone O-Rings. Seems to have worked for me, other people may have had success using other methods.
Afterlab

Re: Cam & Groove QD's

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm

I just got my shipment of these from brewers hardware a couple days ago to finish off my 10 gal Rims system...I have not had a chance to put it all together yet but they are some good looking stainless steel...seem to be very well made and fit together well...the BH ones come with a whitish clear silicone oring inside that seems of good quality and replacements are inexpensive...everything I have ordered from them has been of very high quality and they ship pretty fast...when I get it all together I will post an update and pics

Cheers! :pop
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Return to Brewing Equipment