Re: Question for Tasty

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

TastyMcD wrote:
BeerPal wrote:You've done a batch without it. Now add it and see if you get a similar result.
Tasty

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487554_4397597413637_399747356_n.jpg

Perhaps I will. But my inclination is to emulate your process. Thanks for the info.
BeerPal

Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:06 pm

BeerPal wrote: I have abandonded my converted keg/boil kettle and it's Jamil-O-Chiller fittings for a MoreBeer Heavy Duty 15-gallon kettle....

BeerPal,

Did you get rid of the immersion chiller altogether and switch to a Therminator like Mr. Tasty?
I just purchased the same kettle, the Jamil chiller, and a March pump and Im still thinking about returning the chiller and maybe the pump and just getting a Therminator.
Ihaveabig

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:47 am

Ihaveabig wrote:
BeerPal wrote: I have abandonded my converted keg/boil kettle and it's Jamil-O-Chiller fittings for a MoreBeer Heavy Duty 15-gallon kettle....

BeerPal,

Did you get rid of the immersion chiller altogether and switch to a Therminator like Mr. Tasty?
I just purchased the same kettle, the Jamil chiller, and a March pump and Im still thinking about returning the chiller and maybe the pump and just getting a Therminator.

I have had a Therminator for years but stopped using it when I began expeimenting with the Jamil-O-Chiller. I have gone back to it now that I'm not using any other cooling method.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:32 pm

I'd love to go to a plate chiller, but unless I can take it apart to clean it, not a chance.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Ozwald wrote:I'd love to go to a plate chiller, but unless I can take it apart to clean it, not a chance.

Tasty is the best, most talented homebrewer I've ever met and I've never had anything he's brewed that wasn't a homerun. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:14 pm

You can always go this route for $600

NervousDad

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:31 pm

NervousDad wrote:You can always go this route for $600

They're starting to get there. The last time I actually looked for one the cheapest one I could find was somewhere around a grand. Below $400 & I might actually give it some consideration.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Brewing Equipment