Re: Tasty’s plate chiller

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm

McDougal wrote:Wanted to dig this one up and see if they ever cut Tasty's Therminator in half
Did a search but couldnt find another thread on the topic

No, we never did. I'm still making good, arguably great, clean beer.
Tasty
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Tasty it sounds like you leave the Therminator setup in place?

Is everyone just doing their cleaning cycle then leaving their pumps, hoses, and chillers all hooked up till the next brewday or are you taking them apart for further cleaning?
I'm a little concerned about storing the Therminator with water trapped inside, anyone have any corrosion issues?
McDougal

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:56 am

McDougal wrote:Tasty it sounds like you leave the Therminator setup in place?

Is everyone just doing their cleaning cycle then leaving their pumps, hoses, and chillers all hooked up till the next brewday or are you taking them apart for further cleaning?
I'm a little concerned about storing the Therminator with water trapped inside, anyone have any corrosion issues?

If it concerns you at the end run a little sanitizer through it or make an air attachment and pump some high pressure air through it to blow out all the cleaning liquid.
CRBrewHound

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 am

I have about 25 batches through mine and I've never had a problem. This is how I clean mine along with all of my other equipment at the same time.

I first back flush with water for about 10 minutes, then while I'm cleaning my Mash tun I fill it with PBW and connect the chiller in line and run it for about 20 minutes.

NervousDad

Previous

Return to Brewing Equipment