As much as I would love to tell you all about my rad-as-shit EvenMoreBeer 666-69 Sculpture, in reality I am poor. This may or may not have something to do with me spending my time drinking, brewing, drinking, listening to the BN and sometimes also drinking. In between drinks.
Anyway I feel like we could use a thread for the poor / dumb / lazy to post our cobbled together systems so all may revel in their glory. And give us advice. If you can use words like "welded" or "pump" or "bought legally" this is not the place to post your system. This is a thread for words like "wobbly table" or "back pain". I want to see the awesome clusterfucks you guys are brewing award winning beer on.
Here, I'll start:
This pic kind of sucks since it's just my gear and not a real setup but you get the idea.
Turkey fryer and the pot that came with it (HLT)
Converted keg (boil kettle)
Cooler (mash tun)
Some saw horses and a piece of particle board
Random piece of an old grill to stabilize the keggle
Typical brew day:
* Set up saw horses and board as table. Put burner on top, lift HLT onto it after filling it with 4-5 gallons of water. Heat to strike temp
* Drain into cooler on the ground, dump in grain, wait an hour. Meantime fill HLT with sparge water and hoist it onto the table again
* Lift heavy ass mash tun onto the table. Vorlauf and drain into kettle on the ground, dump HLT water into mash tun, drain again (I batch sparge)
* Move burner to the ground, lift even-heavier-ass keggle onto it and boil.
* At end of boil, lift keggle onto the table, drain into carboy through a hose
* System completely disassembles, takes up no space
* Was cheap
* Llifting 50+ lbs every hour.
My biggest issue is getting clean, good tasting water to the system. How do you all handle that without filling a heavy pot in the ktichen or making 5+ trips between the sink and the kettle?
Who else has a sweet system they want to share?