Natural gas jet burners

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 am

I'm in the process of designing a stand and want to use 23 tip NG burners. From what I've read they need to be mounted 14" below the boiling vessel. Is anybody using these and if so what was the distance you mounted them?

Matt :?:
pagansaint

Re: Natural gas jet burners

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:35 pm

I have mine 4" under my pot and it works fine. The flames don't even come up the sides at all.
I'm using it under a 30 gallon pot and sometimes it is almost too much power but if there is a breeze it screws up my boil. I'm going to build a SS ring to go around the burner and see if that helps.

Monster Mash

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 am

"Like" the dog on the trampoline.
Quin

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I am just getting ready to order my burners for my stand and was trying to decide between the 23 and the 32 tip burners. I am going to be using 20 gallon kettles Monster Mash do you think the 32 tip would be overkill? Or would they be fine for the mash/HLT and then go with the 23 tip for the boil kettle? My stand will have wind guards that will protect burner?

I was going to start 5 inches below the kettle but if a 4 inch gap works I think I will start there. Thanks for the info!

I was also curious how much control you have with the burner with a valve to control the flame level?
LoganO

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:04 pm

My 23 tip boils 30 gallons fine and I often have to turn it down to prevent boil overs. The ball valve I use to control the flame works great also, it can be a bit touchy getting it fine tuned but if it looks like there will be a boil over I can shut it down quickly.
Monster Mash

Return to Brewing Sculptures