Hurricane buners and single tier setup

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 am

Hey everyone, finally broke down and had a local guy weld a single tier stand for me. I am pretty pumped to say the least!!! So i am starting to mount my new hurricane burners from NB. Who else is using these in a single or multi tier? I only bought one regulator in hopes of plumbing all three burners together with gas shutoff valves. My question is do I need to use the brass valve see below or can i just get a threaded fitting and go right into the burner?Image

Here she is so far...
tipsy irishman

Re: Hurricane buners and single tier setup

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:26 am

Looks like that is how you control the gas into the burner and that would affect the flame. I say spend the 7 each and get the valves.
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

If you want independent control over each of the burners you will need some sort of valve for each burner. I went with these: http://bayouclassicdepot.com/nv108p_pro ... r_part.htm

"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Correct but isnt that the same as putting a ball valve on the supply leading up to each burner?
tipsy irishman

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Yes but a ball valve doesn't give you as fine of control as the other valve. Any system I have used that has used ball valves it is hard to be gentle on the gas with the shut off valve.
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Sure. But you will probably get more ajustability out of the two valves allready posted than you would a ball valve.
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:43 pm

Henning1966 wrote:Sure. But you will probably get more ajustability out of the two valves allready posted than you would a ball valve.

Hey, that is what I said.
Nate
http://www.nebraskabeerblog.com
Beers on tap-Schwarzbier, RyeIPA
BrewBum

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:46 pm

yeah that makes sense.... i need to quit reading every thread imaginable about sculpture construction and just get it done! Off to get my remaining burner/valves and pipe to get it done!
tipsy irishman

Next

Return to Brewing Sculptures