NYC Beer spots

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi, I am a brewer from California looking for some recommendations for craft beer in NYC Ill be there from the 20th-24th. Love to meet some other brewers and taste what the right coast has to offer.
JacobsIPA

Re: NYC Beer spots

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 am

I have a daytrip planned on May 2nd, so I'd love to see some good recommendations too!
-PFC Kragaad, Abacus 'Brewing Company'

Fermenter - PBW
Aging - Sweet Mead, Dry Mead, Saison, Cider 1, Cider 2, Vanilla Bourbon RIS
Cellar - Cherry Porter, Pale (Cascade), IPA, Belgian Pale, Irish Stout
Next - 3 Pales (Citra, Amarillo, Experimental 342)
AbacusBrewingCo

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:37 pm

AbacusBrewingCo wrote:I have a daytrip planned on May 2nd, so I'd love to see some good recommendations too!

Missed the original post, but here are some of my favorite beer bars.

In Manhattan check out Jimmy's No. 43 in the east village for local craft beers (Burp Castle is next door and has a decent Belgian selection too). If you're stuck in midtown, Pony Bar and Ginger Man have a good all-round beer list, but probably nothing you can't find at any good beer bar in another city.

In Brooklyn: Brouwerij Lane- it's a bottle shop/growler place, great for sampling local beers and Torst is nearby. It's owned by Evil Twin and is a bit pretentious but they have the "flux capacitor" tap system. Those are both in Greenpoint. Bierkraft, in Park Slope, is also really good.

Also, lots of new breweries opening up in Queens and Brooklyn lately. Haven't been to all of them yet.
losergonewild

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:24 am

Blind Tiger and Draught 55 are both good. Cheers!
Bwood1377

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Spuyten Duyvil and Barcade are good.
whoateallthepies

Fri May 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Everything everyone has mentioned are good options. Rattle n Hum is my go to bar. It's close to Ginger Man, so I usually hit those two up together. I just read about Markt in Brew Like a Monk. It's in the Chelsea area and has a great Belgian selection. 508 Gastrobrewery is another option. I've never been there, but the brewer was on the Sunday Session not too long ago and seems like he has some good stuff going on.
LesIsMOre

Return to Travel