Re: Session beer

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:04 pm

Ozwald wrote:And here I was trying to offend the Utah folk. I heard they smell funny too.

Smell and polygamy are fair game. We have to entertain ourselves somehow. I just wanted to avoid beer-related offense. :bnarmy:
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 pm

I wasn't offended a bit...was just trying to educate you on whats happening here...the laws are dumb and if it weren't for a select few state officials down in Provo we would be just like anywhere else...the pressure is building here and the laws seem to be changing faster and faster...hopefully one day...these are all trivial things when you see all the other cool shit Utah has to offer

@Ozwald - yeah I really only drink their dead horse and some of their special releases (except you have to get those from the brewery and its 3-4 hours from here)...they have an Ipa and a steam amber lager that are okay but not stellar...more the coolness of the can than the beer itself...dead horse has been delayed and we have not seen here in SLC yet in the cans...better bars have it on tap

Cheers :pop
:bnarmy:
On Deck: porter, berliner weisse
Fermenting: xtra pale
In the keg/bottle: golden delicious apple cider, brown rice lager, german pils
EL TIZZO

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:43 am

EL TIZZO wrote:I wasn't offended a bit

Fuck. We'll try harder. Promise.

EL TIZZO wrote:@Ozwald - yeah I really only drink their dead horse and some of their special releases (except you have to get those from the brewery and its 3-4 hours from here)...they have an Ipa and a steam amber lager that are okay but not stellar...more the coolness of the can than the beer itself...dead horse has been delayed and we have not seen here in SLC yet in the cans...better bars have it on tap

Cheers :pop
:bnarmy:

I've only got to try what we were brewing there & they sure didn't send us any IPA or Steam stuff to do. Probably cause we couldn't do a small enough batch for them. The funniest one was the Tye-Dye something (Red, if memory serves) for their Park City label. One small batch per year. Done. And I'm not so sure they could even sell all of a small batch. Stuff is pretty awful. But maybe that's what those 3.2% stanky wife-collectors like. :P
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 am

mike____ wrote:Probably not the one you are looking for, but I think I remember Chad from Crooked Stave talking about something like that as ways of keeping body in his brett beers.

I finally had the time to do some digging. You were absolutely right. In case anyone else is looking for this information, either now or in the future, it is in fact the 04-15-12 Crooked Stave show at 1h 37m. Thanks so much, I would've never found it since as I mentioned before, I wrote it off when I remembered they were talking brett & not low gravity. Cheers brotha, if you're ever in Bozeman, I'll buy you a pint.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Sunday Session