Pragmatic hop growing

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 am

Here are a couple of hop pics. I planted them at the base of my deck. Now that they are just about ready to pick, all I have to do is walk out on the deck and there they are. Pragmatic! or i'm just a lazy bastard that hates climbing ladders.

This is my Cascade. It's 5 or 6 years old. It's great for flame-out and dry hopping. I also brew a fresh hop APA each year. It's always hit or miss since I have no idea what the AA of these are.

This is the jumbo Mt. Hood rhizome I planted this spring. I'm thinking it's doing very well for a first year. I'm not expecting anything this year. Next year should be great.

Later, Drew

ps-Training camp opened yesterday. The smell of football is in the air!!!!!1
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Re: Pragmatic hop growing

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am

Nice! I just planted 4 rhizomes at the base of my deck this year. I'm getting some flowers on the willemettes and just a few on one of the cascades. I'm looking forward to next year and the year after to see what I get.
Gussymo

Return to Homegrown