Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 6

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

I am aging a few, but am willing to part with 1 or 2 if anyone is interested in a swap. The Divine Reserve batches are small batches that are one time brews, so you will never have this beer again.

I had one and it is actually pretty good. I can't find my tasting notes, but I seem to remember some great dark caramel/fruit flavors that compliment the hops nicely. I am looking forward to this beer after a year or 2.

Reserve No. 6: American Barleywine
Cases Made: 1,172
Kegs Made: 24 half-barrel kegs
Date Brewed: April 21, 2008
Date Bottled: June 4, 2008
Original Gravity: 1.094
Final Gravity: 1.019
Alcohol: 10% ABV

Description:

This is a big, malty, hoppy barleywine. Yet with all of the intense flavors, they meld together to create a well-balanced big beer. The nose has a strong resiny hop note. The taste starts with a combination of the malty sweetness and spicy hops with both flavors magnified by the high alcohol level. The spiciness carries through the middle and finishes with a satisfyingly dry bitter. It was brewed with 2 row pale, Caramunich and Special B malts with brown sugar added in the kettle and hopped with 225 lbs of Columbus hops including 44 lbs that were dry hopped. We used our Saint Arnold yeast strain which gives a rich, creamy mouthfeel to the brew. It is unfiltered and will clarify with aging. Enjoy at 45°F or warmer. This beer will age well.
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey man, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a sixer of this too, and I am wondering if I need to wax the tops of these guys because they are twist offs and therefore let more o2 in than the real crown caps.... nothings worse than aging something out and having it turn on you.
phrieken2

Re: Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 6

Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:12 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:I am aging a few, but am willing to part with 1 or 2 if anyone is interested in a swap. The Divine Reserve batches are small batches that are one time brews, so you will never have this beer again.

I had one and it is actually pretty good. I can't find my tasting notes, but I seem to remember some great dark caramel/fruit flavors that compliment the hops nicely. I am looking forward to this beer after a year or 2.

Reserve No. 6: American Barleywine
Cases Made: 1,172
Kegs Made: 24 half-barrel kegs
Date Brewed: April 21, 2008
Date Bottled: June 4, 2008
Original Gravity: 1.094
Final Gravity: 1.019
Alcohol: 10% ABV

Description:

This is a big, malty, hoppy barleywine. Yet with all of the intense flavors, they meld together to create a well-balanced big beer. The nose has a strong resiny hop note. The taste starts with a combination of the malty sweetness and spicy hops with both flavors magnified by the high alcohol level. The spiciness carries through the middle and finishes with a satisfyingly dry bitter. It was brewed with 2 row pale, Caramunich and Special B malts with brown sugar added in the kettle and hopped with 225 lbs of Columbus hops including 44 lbs that were dry hopped. We used our Saint Arnold yeast strain which gives a rich, creamy mouthfeel to the brew. It is unfiltered and will clarify with aging. Enjoy at 45°F or warmer. This beer will age well.

I hate living in the boonies. I never have anything fun to trade for anything fun.

Sip it slowly for me, Thirsty.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Return to Swaps