Reoccuring Beer Swap?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 pm

So tonight with New Glarus got me thinking. I know, look out. brain matter about to land in your area..

Sites like beeradvocate have their trading wants/gots, why not put up a section on our forum specifically for trading beer? There are a lot of beers that I have access to (3 Floyds, New Glarus, Capital, Victory), that a lot fo you west coasters don't. Conversely, you have beers (Stone, Russian River, 21A, Oxycodone [ok, Doc only]) that U can't get.

Why not just open up a forum strictly for beer trading? Everyone on the boards is on the up and up. eh?

I'd gather some Raspberry Tart & Wisconsin Red for a few bombers of Pliney & Ruination..
This message brought to you by the letters A-L-P-H-A-K-I-N-G and the number 6

“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Surgeon General

Re: Reoccuring Beer Swap?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Surgeon General wrote:I'd gather some Raspberry Tart & Wisconsin Red for a few bombers of Pliney & Ruination..

Hey, I got you on the Ruination... I can't get Pliny. I love the sour and would love to give NG a try. I'll see if I can find you another West Coast hop fest. Anything other style you like?

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Hey, I love almost all styles. But I meant for this post to be more of a suggestion to the powers that be-

"Open up a seperate forum for beer trading!"

Put up a sticky on top of the forum with rules for the forum. One may only post specific wants with specific gots in the title/body, or something like that.

You will have a PM regarding this tonight, Mylo
This message brought to you by the letters A-L-P-H-A-K-I-N-G and the number 6

“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Surgeon General

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Im down for trades. I go by the coin for coin rule. If you feel what your getting is worth the trouble that it took to send then send somthing cool back.
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:41 am

I am down as well. I have access to any beers available in wisconsin, indiana, and illinois and am looking for beers not available to these areas. I don't have specific wants per say but lost abbey, port, russian river, firestone walker, and surly are up there on my list.
on tap: horse feed oatmeal stout, brown porter, honey pale.

In Reserve: oaked imperial amber, dopplebock, imperial IPA,baltic porter.

In fermentors: Imperial stout, APA, brown porter, american brown ale, belgian pale.
grubs18

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 am

Would be nice if we could get a topic added like we have for "Classified" This way anyone looking could add a thread to the topic requesting an exact beer.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 am

There you go.
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 am

Awesome!

Thanks Lufah!
I think I've had about enough beer tonight...Now I need some Whiskey to sober up
oneal66

Next

Return to Swaps