Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:56 am

Hateku wrote:I don't know about Iron content, but I would not use water post-softener. You are going to lose some important minerals.

I live in St. Louis and usually do not alter the water other than filter. When I make an English Ale (Bitter/Pale) I do attempt to modify the profile. Would you happen to have the water profile for St. Louis County? (I just guess now)

Thanks,

CJ
CJ-Stout

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:55 am

Anonymous wrote:Hello All!

I've been sampling at Trinity Brewing in Providence, RI so please excuse any typos.

Thanks for the inputs about the brewing water. I too think the appropriate pick off point is after the iron filter, but before the softener. All things being equal.

Testing the beers from each pickoff point so far has yielded little differentiation. What I was looking for was knowledge from other's experiences.

Blue SKies, Flip

Tonight a taste of Imperial Pilsner, Rhode Island IPA, Russian Imperial Stout and then back to the IPA for a finish.

Funny you should be responding to water questions after coming from Trinity..... just sayin'. :wink:

At least the new Trinity IPA bottled at Cottrell is tasty. Goes to show you how much the water DOES matter.
Cottrell

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:58 am

I love Trinty. Whenever I'm in Providence I make sure to stop in for a pint or three. They had an all EKG IPA last time I was there that was the best IPA I have ever had (Sorry DFH). Sean the brewer there even help me with a clone recipe for that brew. They are a great bunch of guys.
Peace!
pvignola

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing