what else do I need?

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:18 pm

I have a 75000 btu burner and a 10 gallon pot.

I know I need a cooler, false bottom, and immersion chiller. I'm also a little trepidatious about how everything gets transfered from vessel to vessel, as I pussily (yeah that's an adjective now) refuse to lift 60 lbs of boiling sugar-water and try to pour it from place to place.

What other pieces of equipment do I need to get to do an all-grain batch? Also, can you guys point me to the ultimate all-grain reference book or article?

Me drink more now.
T.
TimL

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Ok tim as far as the the transfering is concerned... use gravity... you will need "taps" on your pots... check out the non weld kits from B3 or zymico, or one of the other fine sponsors.
BUB
Lunch Meet "Limpian" Gold Medalist (x2) 2006
Winner of <b>NO PANTS</b> award 2006 and 2007
Make your own beer website... starting at $10 per YEAR.
www.bubweb.com & www.momenttoponder.com
bub
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:44 pm

If you haven't watched some one else do an all grain, you will learn loads about how the process goes and figure out what you need to get a set up.

Sean
Three out of four people make up 75% of the worlds population.

Sean's Brewery & House of Ill Repute
seanhagerty

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 pm

seanhagerty wrote:If you haven't watched some one else do an all grain, you will learn loads about how the process goes and figure out what you need to get a set up.

Sean

watck krotchrott's video at www.krotchrott.com, also there are some good all grain process videos at youtube. They Helped me alot.
I'm alive and well. Where am I?
big7ben

Return to All Grain Brewing