Re: Water Calculations for AG

Thu May 01, 2014 6:56 am

Ozwald wrote:I would recommend starting with the training video. If you have any questions, BD will be more than happy to help you out.

I'm not sure ^Ozwald, but I don't believe this video was helpful to me... at all.

TheDarkSide wrote:
BrewChap wrote:I'm sure I can find this out somewhere but how does one join the BN Army?

You just did...Welcome.

an occassional "Suck it JP" helps too.

Thanks TheDarkSide... but why would I say "Suck it JP"? Is this the same JP, Justin, from "Brew Strong"?
BrewChap

Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 am

BrewChap wrote:
Ozwald wrote:I would recommend starting with the training video. If you have any questions, BD will be more than happy to help you out.

I'm not sure ^Ozwald, but I don't believe this video was helpful to me... at all.

TheDarkSide wrote:
BrewChap wrote:I'm sure I can find this out somewhere but how does one join the BN Army?

You just did...Welcome.

an occassional "Suck it JP" helps too.

Thanks TheDarkSide... but why would I say "Suck it JP"? Is this the same JP, Justin, from "Brew Strong"?

Hmm... you must not have watched the video all the way to the end. Give it another try. It should make perfect sense.

JP is just JP, not Justin or John. JP is far to handsome to be on Brew Strong. He'd give Jamil a complex.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu May 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks TheDarkSide... but why would I say "Suck it JP"? Is this the same JP, Justin, from "Brew Strong"?[/quote]

Hmm... you must not have watched the video all the way to the end. Give it another try. It should make perfect sense.

JP is just JP, not Justin or John. JP is far to handsome to be on Brew Strong. He'd give Jamil a complex.[/quote]

Yes. Handsome is the key word....
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun May 04, 2014 3:13 pm

Okay so I've donated $$ to this crazy, but informative website/group of Freaks & Geeks. Do I just add my Rank to my signature block at will according to my pledge amount?
BrewChap

Sun May 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Uh yup that's about right, I suppose.
Tags and taxes on 3 vehicles = brewing withdrawals
KYT

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:11 am

I'm going to be making an Imperial Stout soon, and I've been doing a 2 step mash, as per Gordon Strong's suggestion, just the base malts for most of the time (~40 min.), and then add the dark malts for the last 15 min. or so. I'm convinced this helps the dark malt flavors, thanks, Gordon.

I recently tested my water, and am using John Palmer's spread sheet for residual alkalinity and additions calculations. So my 1st mash is basically the same as for a light colored IPA, little acid added with those malts, but then I want the water to be right for the final beer, which would become much more acidic after the dark malts are added. Suggestions? Thanks,
Dave King
President of BIER
BN Army PFC
Dave King

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing