Re: Clarity problem, help???

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:27 am

Another thing to note, don't disturb the keg. As the gel forms it'll mostly be on the bottom, ready for you to pour off. If you move the keg or jostle it too much it'll end up floating to the top. A little on top isn't a problem (and rather inevitable), but too much on top could potentially form a barrier that prevents the CO2 from making it's way into the beer. I haven't proven it as 100% fact, but it's a strong theory on a beer that I had that absolutely refused to carbonate for weeks. I think brewintricycle had a similar problem.

There is an upside to that little bit that ends up floating no matter what - you'll be enjoying the clearest beer you've ever had for a while & all of a sudden you'll pour a pint with little gel BB's in it. Just drink it because the keg's going to blow in the next pint or two.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing