Re: What would you like to see in next edition of How To Bre

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 am

How about a section where brewing internet lore is fact checked and either backed up or refuted. There are so many tips out there that it's easy for a new brewer to get confused or maybe a section where the experienced brewer can take up to the next level. When I first started out i was told to ferment at 72f , but only later come to find out that my beer comes out much better when I pitch in the low to mid 60's. I think I was told that so my ferment would at least finish out and I wouldn't fail on the first batch and give up. I would like to see a section that lays out those kinds of differences between what a beginner may be instructed to do and what an advanced brewer should be doing.
BTW I still refer back to the 1st edition of how to brew after 5 years of brewing. I definitely will buy this latest edition on paper copy.
Relaxed , not worried , havin' a homebrew
grainman

Re: What would you like to see in next edition of How To Bre

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:28 am

I'd like to see some information on IBUs contributed from hot stands/whirlpool additions.
jeffjm

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing