Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Homegrown Hops wrote:Doc I finally realized what your avatar reminds me of.. picture Christopher Walken on SNL in the skit. Yes, its Colonel Angus! Your avatar is Col. Angus lol

Actually, It's supposed to be Ulysses S. Grant
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation Doc.
That is advanced brewing to me :oops: Some day...when I grow up and I have a set-up like * dare I dream* yours or medtech's, I'll be able to apply the great info i'm getting on this site. I know that I can do it with a more ghetto-ish set-ups but I figured : if you gonna be a bear, might as well be a grizzly! I'm still at the extract stage in my brewing endeavours and finding a good recipe for a wit is a B$%ch and a half.

Cheers,
Brewbear
BEER, not just for breakfast any more!
Brewbear

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Brewbear wrote:Thanks for the explanation Doc.
That is advanced brewing to me :oops: Some day...when I grow up and I have a set-up like * dare I dream* yours or medtech's, I'll be able to apply the great info i'm getting on this site. I know that I can do it with a more ghetto-ish set-ups but I figured : if you gonna be a bear, might as well be a grizzly! I'm still at the extract stage in my brewing endeavours and finding a good recipe for a wit is a B$%ch and a half.

Cheers,
Brewbear

Don't feel bad... I was using buckets and saw horses when I first started into all-grain. There are lots of ways to improve your beer while still doing extract. Hang in there!
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:36 am

Although I've just recently made "the plunge" into all-grain, I must say that it is easier than I had previously thought. And a hell of a lot cheaper too (went from $40 dollars a batch to $15 -$20 (in Hawaiian prices)) I find that I'm no longer scared of terms like HERMS, where as I used to be. Hell. It’s just an addition of an immersion chiller and a pump to an all-grain set-up. Now that I'm brewing all grain, I'm not too sure why it took me so long to convert. Finding TBN definitely helped me feel more comfortable in that endeavor, though. It's great that I have great brewers like Dr. Scott and Jamil to ask questions to directly. I'm not sure if I ever would have converted without their advice.

Ok, I'm drunk again and babbling. You get my point. Sorry, I'm a sailor! Drunk babbling is inherent in our nature.
Big Chooch

I don't have a neat little quote because I'm not that cool.
Big Chooch

drunken babbling...

Wed May 10, 2006 4:20 am

I agree with chooch, drunken babbling is in a sailors nature. I was in the Navy for only 4 years and I can't seem to get that part out of my system. Also, I agree that the jump to all-grain wouldn't be possible for me without the TBN. I have read Charlie P's books multiple times and it always sounded out of my range (I'm just a fireman now, not a chemist) and that scared me. Between TBN, Dr. Scott, Jamile, J, D, 50G, Krotchrott's video and all of the fine guests, I've found myself asking why I've waited SO long to try. I have come to the conclusion also that it's just beer and not nuclear physics ( see even my spelling isn't that good.). Thanks guys for all the great advice and info. :D :D
I'm not a slacker in society. I'm an over achieving homeless person.

Drunk posting should be reserved for The RAT PAD!!
beer_bear

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing