Metric Brewing.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 am

Well, everyone left so the water is heating. I am calibrating my new refractometer this session as well. Fun times! And to top it all off I have switched all my brew measurements to metric. Should be fun.
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."
-- Douglas Adams

Bentwood Brewing Blog
BentwoodBlue

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:05 am

Us in Canada have been metric since 88. It's not so bad. Most measurements are easier, except weight. I still have problems with that. There is no going back though. I now have problems with degrees in F. I have to convert to Celcius to figure out the temp outside. However, if our gov't didn't shove metric up our ass it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.

3 Dogs
"Coors Light Drinker? You've Been Assimilated!!!"
3 Dogs

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Leave Metric to those open minded, tollerant people in the rest of the world. We in the US are clearly FAR too busy pissing everyone off to care what they think about our INCHES and FARENHEITS (is that a word? I thionk Bush used it..) This is the NUCULAR age anyhow, so we should be measuring our worts on the atomic level, and running our breweries on Ethanol, cause you know, Ethanol comes from Corn that just POPS up out of the ground without any OIL to help it along, or process it, or deliver it....

Oh boy, I am going to get a drink...
Speyedr

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:08 am

3 Dogs wrote:Us in Canada have been metric since 88. It's not so bad. Most measurements are easier, except weight. I still have problems with that. There is no going back though. I now have problems with degrees in F. I have to convert to Celcius to figure out the temp outside. However, if our gov't didn't shove metric up our ass it wouldn't have bothered me a bit.

3 Dogs

Yeah, I hear you. I grew up with the Imperial system and find it hard to accept the metric system. I have no problem with degrees c under 25 but any higher and I have to convert to degrees f.
Having said that at least our children will stand a chance. The whole world is metric other than America.
I wonder which tastes better, a beer lagered at 0c or a beer lagered at 32f ?
How do you BBQ an elephant........first you get your elephant.
Boo Boo

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:12 am

Well the only problem I have is when I go to the LHBS. Tends to piss him off when I give him all the measurements I need in kilos
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."
-- Douglas Adams

Bentwood Brewing Blog
BentwoodBlue

Return to All Grain Brewing