Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:11 pm

I recommend listening to Jamil's second and third appearance on the Sunday show to all new brewers.

Here are the links:
Sunday Live Show 09-04-05 mp3 format
Sunday Live Show 11-20-05 mp3 format

Push Eject
Asshat of the Year ('06)
Proud Drunk of the Year Nominee ('08)
Beevo, "I burned my tongue."
Doc, "Slow down."
Gadgets
CoVBS
Push Eject
Butcher

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Cool-

Welcome to the obsession.
I suggest you keep it simple for your first few brews. Get used to making good simple beers that are ready more quickly than the fancy ones.
Then start fucking around with spices and other more complex stuff once you have the easy stuff (ie, sanitation, temp control, etc) down.

Do a simple Hefe next. It'simple, tastes great, and it'll be ready to drink in 3 weeks, which may be even earlier than the one you have in primary right now (depending on what that is).

Fill the pipeline so you aren't tempted to drink them before they are ready. Then start working on the fancy stuff.

HTH-
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:28 pm

great advice everyone especially the yeast and sanitizing the water, etc. I'm taking bdawgs advice I will do a hefe for my next batch. Been listening to the show on podcast while 'at work' which also made me realize that a job really takes away from brewing time! Working on getting an avatar as well. Happy to join the club here
morepowa

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:38 pm

morepowa wrote: a job really takes away from brewing time!

Man, you said it. I used to dream about winning the lottery so I could quit work and travel, now it means I can quit work and brew more...
PFC AndyP
BN Army Canadian Forces
andyp

Previous

Return to Fermentation