Brewtek CL-0400

Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:03 am

Has anyone used Brewteks CL-0400, what temps does it work best at
BN Army corporal, southern command Louisiana
I am not afraid to go fast, it's the crashing and burning that sucks
Imakewort

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:47 pm

brewtek CL-0400 is a ALT yeast,and i want to make a alt, well hopefully the pope looks at this board now and then. I also checked his book but he does not mention it. So any ideas?
Imakewort

Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 pm

Igor, Most of the Brewtek strains have been out of production to homebrewers for a while now. I only know of one yeastbank that carries some of their strains on slant... Many of us may not have any experience with this yeast (I don't).

On the other hand, They were my LHBS when I started brewing, and from my foggy memories, all their stuff was very good. I actually miss having their yeast available to me.
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:38 am

I haven't used this yeast either, but alt yeast gives best results when it's used in the low 60's (60F-65F)

HTH-
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:08 am

not to hijack this thread but does anyone know of any of the brewtek strains that don't have a similar strain from WL or WY available? I know of the yeast bank that was mentioned earlier and they do have several strains that are out of production. I would be nice to experiment with some rare yeasts.
Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:30 am

I have a slant of CL-004, and you can still buy it and others from [url]http://www.brewingscience.com/ now I have read that this strain of yeast and others is some of the best also i have heard that the POPE uses this brand of yeast. You just have to be able to work from slants or make slants. :lol:[/url]
Imakewort

Return to Fermentation