Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:44 pm

Hey Mylo, that brewing rig in your avitar, did you weld it yourself?

If so what size/thickness angle iron did you use?

Is it strong enough for those 15 gal converted kegs?
Chris Bushman
Colfax, CA
filmlabrat

Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:48 am

Optimally, I would let the chilled starter raise to room temperature, but in practice I usually forget to pull it out of the fridge. I haven't noticed any problems with this, and I think that I recall Chris White on the Session saying that there's no problem with this - though he was focusing on yeast health rather than flavor production.
Junket

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:52 am

Junket wrote:Optimally, I would let the chilled starter raise to room temperature, but in practice I usually forget to pull it out of the fridge. I haven't noticed any problems with this, and I think that I recall Chris White on the Session saying that there's no problem with this - though he was focusing on yeast health rather than flavor production.

I read an article (I think it was Jamil's) where both Wyeast and White Labs recommended pitching the starter within 5 degrees F of the wort temperature to minimize shock and stress on the yeast. I think Mylo's on the right track, I was just curious about actual experiences.

Edit: It's on the Mr Malty site here: http://www.mrmalty.com/pitching.php
Koop

Previous

Return to Fermentation