Storing opened dry yeast

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 am

I have some dry wine yeast that I'm going to use to bottle two different batches. I'll probably bottle one batch the day after the other. Any tips for storing the yeast overnight? Is it ok to just tape up the package and stick it in the fridge? And can I save what's left over after bottling? Also I should add I am an idiot and bought an 80g pack that's why I ask.
bpfishback

Re: Storing opened dry yeast

Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 am

bpfishback wrote:I have some dry wine yeast that I'm going to use to bottle two different batches. I'll probably bottle one batch the day after the other. Any tips for storing the yeast overnight? Is it ok to just tape up the package and stick it in the fridge? And can I save what's left over after bottling? Also I should add I am an idiot and bought an 80g pack that's why I ask.

Safest bet, if your using it the next day, put it in a airtight jar in the fridge, that or into some sterile water to rehydrate overnight
Thank God All Mighty For Titties and Beer
Ozbrewer

Return to Fermentation